Becci offers her services as poet and educator to a variety of institutions, mainly schools and libraries, but she is open to visiting other organisations too. When she visits, she can do so as a performer, as a workshop facilitator or as a mixture of both. Becci’s visits will be tailored to the specific needs of the organisation and those the visit will be for.
Becci will be happy to visit for a variety of events and to satisfy a variety of literary needs. However, her main bank of workshops deal with the following concepts:
- Developing engagement with both the reading and writing of poetry.
- Poetry writing as a means to engage with the outside world.
- Poetry writing as a way to develop political, cultural, historical and social understanding.
- Poetry writing as creative healing for, and to raise awareness of, mental illness(es).
- Collaborative writing to develop co-operative creative skills.
All workshops and/or projects will be discussed with, and tailored to, the needs of the specific organisation in question, therefore fees for these events may vary, but Becci’s usual fees for these events are:
A FULL DAY’S VISIT: £250 + travel expenses
A HALF DAY’S VISIT (either a morning or an afternoon): £150 + travel expenses
THREE OR MORE WORKSHOP DAYS (as part of an ongoing project): £200 per day + travel expenses.
If you wish to contact Becci regarding a visit, or to discuss an individual project for your organisation, please refer to the CONTACT page for further details.